Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Relay for Life

We had our Relay for Life event over the weekend.  My family has probably done 12 or 13 Relay for Life Events. I think I’ve done 9 or 10. Cancer has hit very close to home for our family. My dad lost his mom to pancreatic cancer when I was 5 years old.  My mom lost her mom to multiple myeloma cancer in 2004.  Then my grandma’s only sister lost her battle to uterine cancer in 2009.  In June 2009 my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  She has endured surgery and had 8 rounds of chemo.  Last fall her cancer was no longer dormant and she had to have another 5 rounds of chemo.  My mom is a cancer survivor.  We are proud to be part of Relay for Life and we will continue to do all we can to support it so that one day there is a cure.






No comments:

Post a Comment