Sunday, May 29, 2011

A haute business idea

I've been thinking about starting a little business.  I’ve been a stay at home mom for 5 years and even though I absolutely love it I wish I could contribute to the household income like I used to.  I don’t want to go to work full time. I don’t even want to go to work part time either. The only alternative is to work from home.  So that’s what I think I'm going to do. I’m going to take my love of scrapbooking and turn it into a tiny business to earn a few extra dollars. Scrapbooking is a hobby I picked up about 4 years ago.  I am obsessed with scrapbook paper and anything that I can glue or tape to scrapbook page.  I do mostly mini albums and chipboard albums.  They seen to take less time and my supplies stretch a lot further. I’d like make some 4 x 6 albums to sell.  I can make them with neutral colors so they can be used for just about anything. People can use them to scrap photos of birthdays, vacations, or any special event.  I’ve looked into ordering chipboard for the covers, different suppliers for the best deal on paper and embellishments and even did a search of mini art journals and albums to see what other people are doing.  I think this is something that I could do and be good at.  It won’t consume large amounts of my time or take away from any of my other commitments.  I might even get Isabella to help me and pay her a small allowance.  But that would depend on whether or not I make any money doing this.  All of this is brand new to me.  I have the supplies, the idea and a husband who supports this endeavor 100%.  I even have a name for my teeny tiny business and an idea for a logo but that will remain top secret until I’m ready to sell my mini albums.  First things first though. I just need to make the product and see if anyone will buy it.  I went to the scrapbook store yesterday to get inspired and buy some paper and embellishments to make my first one.  Wish me luck.

Here is what I bought. Doesn’t it make you swoon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment