Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIY Fabric Corkboard Project

I had a little extra time on my hands yesterday. So what does a haute housewife do when she has extra time in the day? She works on a cute craft project.  I’ve had this corkboard in the garage for about a year. I bought last summer at a Goodwill store in San Diego.  I knew when I bought it that I wanted to cover it with fabric and put it in Isabellas room. So I gathered up some fabric, ribbon, craft paint and some scrapbook embellishments and went to work.  The whole project took under 2 hours to do.  It was a great easy project to do.  Have you made anything lately?


Here is the before shot.
                                                                     
     Check out that price. WOOHOO!! I love a bargain.     

Used some Folk Art craft paint. 

All painted and drying.

Sprayed some fabric adhesive (do this outside or else you will have that sticky spray everywhere) and put on my fabric.

Added ribbon around the edge.


Some cute flowers add the final touch. 

Here it is in Isabellas room


I'm sharing this post here:

The Shabby Nest










1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! You inspired me to do one for my washroom/work cubby. I'm on this "get organized, get fit" kick...we'll see how long it lasts so i better take advantage! I need some organizational ideas/inspirations..you seem very organized.. post some how to's girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete