Friday, May 13, 2011

Handy Mommy

So today I didn’t have a lot of motivation to do anything productive. All I really wanted to do was lay around in my pjs drinking coffee and watching TV.  After much thought I realized I couldn’t waste the day doing nothing even though I really, really, really wanted to.  But instead of cleaning bathrooms or mopping floors I decided I needed to bust out my tools and build two scrapbook storage cubes that I purchased about 4 months ago.  I already have 4 of them but I have accumulated so many more scrapbook supplies that I needed to buy 2 more.  They have been sitting in my bedroom this whole time. I had hopes of Mr. G assembling them for me but no. He just walked by them day after day after day after day.  So today I took matters into my own hands, literally.  I wasn’t sure how much time it would take or weather or not I would give up half way through but I figured I would at least attempt to put them together.  I am so proud of myself.  I put them together in no time and got all of my scrapbook stuff organized and looking all pretty.  



Here is the first cube.  Easy enough right. 

Not too many pieces. I got this. 



I had a helper.

Checking our work.

TADA!! All done!!

Cube #2.  Looks a little more complicated.

Um yeah. That's  a lot of stuff.

No worries. My helper has got it covered.

The easy part is done.




The first drawer is done. These suckers took some time to build and my hand was hurting by the fourth one.


All done!!! YAY me!!

Here they are all lined up with their friends.  Don't you just love them?  

No comments:

Post a Comment