Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taking it Outside

We had some beautiful weather yesterday.  I love spring weather. The weather is cool and breezy but the sun shines bright warming you up just enough. Yesterday was a day to have your windows wide open to enjoy the great spring weather.  I go to Zumba class on Tuesday afternoons so yesterday I asked Mr. G if he could get dinner started and I would finish once I got home.  He was so wonderful and did the whole thing. Isn’t he too sweet? Anyway after dinner the kids literally jumped out of their seats and ran outside to play.  Their only request was for their dad to do outside and play with them.  He’s great like that.  He goes outside, still in work clothes, and runs around with them. He plays soccer, chases them around, and lets them water the plants and just hangs out with them until its bath time.  I usually stay inside and clean up the dinner mess but last night I joined them outside.  For those of you who know me know that I am not a fan of nature.  I don’t hate it. I just don’t enjoy being outside.  Dirt, bugs, more dirt and the weather isn’t always that enjoyable around here so being inside is where I choose to be.  But last night I put my petty feelings about nature aside and joined my little family in the backyard. I sat on our swing and watched my Mr. G and the kids kick a ball back and forth. Ian was running back and forth like a mad man trying to get the ball away from Isabella. He gave up at one point and grabbed his scooter and took it for a spin. Then he went back to chasing the ball.  Isabella has learned to drop kick the ball and she is forever trying to kick it as high as she can.  It made it on the roof but luckily it rolled right back down.  There was a lot of screaming and laughing going on and I just wanted to soak it all in.  I look at my kids and think how wonderful they are.  They truly enjoy every aspect of life.  They are carefree and just delight in the little things. They live their lives big and loud, seriously, it’s loud around here. Sometimes I wonder what our neighbors think about all the noise that comes out of our house.  They don’t worry about what other people think and they just live. I love that about them.  They are my inspiration. I love being their mom. I love that they have Mr. G for their dad. He is amazing.  We are blessed beyond measure.  God really knew what He was doing when He put our family together.  



After running around in the backyard we came in for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment