Sunday, February 19, 2012

29 Things I Love-#16

#16- Going on retreat.  Every year our Community Bible Study Leaders Council goes on retreat.   I always look forward to it and it is the highlight of the CBS year.  We have such a wonderful time.  It is a time of refreshment, renewal, and fellowship.  I can't tell you how much this retreat impacted me.  I didn't realize how much I had slacked in my quiet time with God and in my own spiritual walk with the Lord.  I am good about doing my Bible studies every week but I hadn't set aside any time to just sit in the Lords presence and just let Him speak to me. I wasn't meditating on the scripture or reflecting on the day and looking for Gods presence in the days happenings.  I came away with a new fire and passion to grow in Christ.  I came away with some new tools to help get me back on track and make God a priority.  I ordered a new devotional to read everyday and I am going to start journaling again.  I was truly blessed by this weekend and everything that was presented to us.  I am excited about putting all of these new spiritual tools into practice and seeing God work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment