Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back to Work

 I'm sure you've all noticed that I have been missing in action for some time now. The truth is I have gone back to work part time which hasn't left me much time for anything else.  So I am going to try and catch up on my blogging over the next few days.  First things first.  I took a long term substitute position at Isabella's school teaching her class. It's a part time position since I'm doing a job share with another teacher.  Neither one of us could commit to working 5 days a week so we decided to split the week up.  I take Thursdays and Fridays.  So far it's been a positive experience.  I have known most of the kids in the class since they were in kindergarten.  It's a 3rd-4th grade combo class with 11 students.  I don't think you could ask for a better set up.  Did I mention that I also have a teachers aid who helps grade papers?  Yes, it's the ideal situation.  Ian goes to the on site preschool there on those two days that I'm working.  He seems to really enjoy it and according to the teachers he is doing a great job with all of the work.  His favorite thing to do at recess is ride the little tricycles.  He just rides and rides until it's time to go back inside.  I love to watch him at recess.  Isabella is very protective of him too.  The first couple of days we were there she would run over to the fence and check on him every chance she got.  It's very sweet.  She has also adjusted well to having me as her teacher.  She was very excited when I told her and so far she hasn't asked me to quit.  It's been nice to now spend all day with her twice a week. It has also been a bit of an adjustment for our family having me out of the house all day for 2 days.  I have had to learn to manage my time more wisely during the rest of the week.  I know that God has me there for a reason and both the class and our family will be blessed by this experience.  

1 comment: