Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 10

Today I am thankful for dance and dance classes.  For as long as I can remember I have always loved to dance.  I would crank up the music in my room and dance like I was some kind of famous person putting on a show for her fans.  I loved watching American Bandstand, Soul Train, and Solid Gold.  I would imagine that I was a dancer on each one of those shows and try to copy what they were doing.  I never took formal dance classes when I was kid but I was a cheerleader in Junior High and part of being a cheerleader is learning a dance to perform at half time during the football games.  I think I still remember part of the dance, that's how much I loved it.  I started taking tap dancing and hip hop classes 6 years ago.  I have loved every second of it.  I have performed in 6 recitals and I love being on stage.  Don't get me wrong, I freak out right before I go on stage and have even been so nervous that I couldn't remember how my dance started.  But once the music starts, something happens and I give it all I have and dance my heart out. I have been lucky enough to teach ballet to preschoolers for the past 2 years and I get to see them fall in love with dancing. I get to be part of showing them how amazing dance is.   I am doing something that I love and am passionate about.  I mean, what't the point of doing something if it's not your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment