Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulnes

Day 9

Today I am thankful for being a stay at home mom. I love that have been able to spend my days with my kids.  I am home in the afternoon to help with homework, to make dinner for my family, and to be the one to take care of them when they are sick.  I get to volunteer at school, go on field trips, and make cupcakes to celebrate birthdays.  I get to play games, read books at nap time, and put puzzles together. I am blessed to have a husband that knows how important it is to be home with our children and supported me when I wanted to quit my job as a kindergarten teacher to stay home.  I am blessed to have other stay at home mom friends who inspire me and encourage me when the days are long and I feel like I am failing miserably.  I am thankful that I have women in my life who were stay at home moms once upon a time and who offer wisdom and prayer because they know how hard this job can be.  I thank God for calling me to be a mother to these two precious souls and I am doing all I can to raise them according to His Word and plan.  I am thankful for this most rewarding job and I would never give it up for anything in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment