Monday, April 11, 2011

Sick Day


At 6:30 am watching cartoons in bed.


Isabella is feeling good enough to play the Wii.



Ian is playing with his toys.


I've been taking care of sick kids all weekend. It started on Friday when I picked Isabella up from school early because she had a headache and tummy ache. She would start to feel better and then a few hours later she was feeling yucky again. That lasted all weekend. Then I woke up this morning to a sick toddler. His sister thought she would be kind and share her germs with her brother. Why should she have all the fun of taking medicine and dealing with the ickiness of fevers and headaches? It's more fun when someone else is sharing in your misery.  After sleeping at the foot of Isabellas bed last night and getting a total of 4 hours of sleep I was awakened by a tiny toddler at 5:45 am who was feeling not so hot, actually he was feeling really hot since he had a fever so he was pretty cranky.  So we've been up since about 6am with fevers, runny noses, headaches, coughs and plan old crankiness. I pray they feel better soon and I pray that I make it through this day in one piece. I think it's going to take lots of coffee to make it through the day, lots and lots of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment