Monday, January 31, 2011

Wanna dance?



Today is the first day of the dance classes.  I've dusted off my dance shoes and put a new playlist on my ipod.  I am beyond excited about this year!  I will  be teaching 2 preschool ballet classes this year and assisting 2 preschool tap classes.  Last year when the season started I was just going to be a teachers assistant. With over 20 preschoolers enrolled in one class it was decided to split them into 2 classes.  That's when I was approached about taking one of the classes all by myself.  I was honored to have the opportunity to do it.  My 8 ballerinas did a great job at recital and I was smiling from ear to ear like a proud momma during their performance.  I couldnt't have been more pleased with them.  They did such a great job.  So as we begin a new year I feel a little more prepared and confident in myself as a teacher.  I learned a lot last year and I'm hoping that I do an even better job this year with both classes.  Being a dance instructor and working for a dance studio is a childhood dream and I am so blessed to be able to have this amazing opportunity.  It's going to be a great year. I can feel it in my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment