Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fog Delays and Growing Up

Today was the third fog delay for Bella. Which means school starts two hours later. It also means sleeping in, having a nice relaxed breakfast and lounging around until it's time to put on the school uniform. I love the extra time with her in the morning. She spends most of her day at school and then a couple of afternoons a week she is at dance classes so I cherish any extra time we have together. I don't want her to grow up. I asked her yesterday if she would consider staying in second grade until she was 21. She said no and looked at me like I was crazy. She is growing up too fast and I can't do anything about it. It happens in the blink of an eye and no matter how hard I try I can't stop time or make it go in slow motion so I can enjoy ever single second. She thinks I'm silly when I tell her to stay little forever but one day when she's a mom she will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment