Friday, June 15, 2012

Swim lessons

Last week Ian started swim lessons with Mr. Edgmon. He is doing such a great job! Last year was his first year and I must say it wasn't so great.  Not that Ian didn't learn the basics likes blowing bubbles, going underwater, and floating like a rocket ship but he cried every single day.  I wasn't sure what to expect his year but we showed up ready to swim on Tuesday.  Ian was happy to see one of his buddies from Community Bible study and couldn't wait to get in the water. I am happy to report that Ian hasn't cried once and has made tremendous progress in learning to swim.  Mr. Edgmon reviewed the basics with Ian and then moved on to kickers and big arms.  By Friday Ian was swimming to the edge of the pool, climbing out, and jumping in.  And my jumping in I mean holding onto Mr. Edgmon's fingers and falling into the pool.  I'm sure he'll master that soon enough.  Ian has one more week of lessons and I can't wait to see how much more he learns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment