Sunday, June 10, 2012

In His Image Preschool graduation

All year I have regularly posted photos about our homeschool preschool program that me and 3 other moms organized.  We each took turns hosting it at our house, lesson planning, and teaching each others kids.  We met once a week for 2 hours and it by far was one of the best experiences of the year. I was so happy to be able to use so much of the stuff I had in my garage from my kindergarten teacher days.  I loved being able to spend this time with Ian and his friends.  I knew that this was something that was honoring God and that was reason enough to make this a commitment and a priority. Well, after a long year of working hard, learning to share, take turns, learning letters, numbers, and how to use scissors, we finally finished our year off with a graduation party for all of our families.  We hosted the party at our house and everyone brought something to share to lunch. I used lots of vintage children's books, flash cards, and other vintage accessories to decorate the backyard.  I loved the way everything turned out!  We had a nice time together and after lunch we started the graduation festivities.  The kids walked out to Pomp and Circumstance and took their places at their seats all the while smiling big for their families so they could have their pictures taken. They sang one of their favorite songs and then I handed out awards.  I even shook everyone's hand as they came up to accept their awards.  It was too cute! After all of the awards were handed out we took lots of photos of the graduates together as a group and then individually next to the desk with the vintage typewriter and globe.  We moved the party inside to watch a slide show with Mr. G put together for me and it was really neat to see how much the kids have changed since September.  It was nice to go back and remember all of the fun things we did this year too, birthday parties, a trip to the pumpkin patch, and various holiday parties.  It is bittersweet that it's all over but it has been just a great year.  I know that I've said it before but it really was a blessing to be able to do this.  Ian has benefited so much from this and I have really gained some amazing friends.  I look forward to lots of birthday parties, play dates, and moms days out in the future.  






































No comments:

Post a Comment