Sunday, September 4, 2011

Celebrity sightings

Yesterday as we were about to get on the Toy Story Mania Ride we saw Cindy Crawford and her family. They were getting off the ride and I was going a little crazy inside because there was a celebrity in the area.  I was giddy and trying to act cool all at the same time.  Most of the celebrities I have seen have been at Disneyland.  I get pretty excited when I see a celebrity at Disneyland. I like to think they are regular people just like me.  Taking their kids on a vacation to the happiest place on earth.  Making memories, having a good time, and enjoying time together as a family.  But then I see them with Disneyland tour guides who take them to the front of the lines so they don't have to wait like the rest of us. That's when I realize that we do indeed lead very different lives.  I get to wait in the long lines with my kids.   My kids complain about being hot and thirsty.  They complain about their feet hurting.  They get impatient and cranky.  They run around and climb all over everything.  They ask for gum, candy, and snacks.  They fight with each other.  They want to be held and lean all over me so then I become hot and sweaty. They ask for 100th time "How much longer?".  And to make our family time all the more lovely Mr.G and I take turns threatening them with discipline after we get off the ride for many acts of disobedience during the long wait (we whisper these threats in their ears of course). So no, celebrities are not like regular people.  But I like to think that there are some things about my regular life that they wish they had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment