Sunday, December 4, 2011

Time for some Advent activities

Today we started our Advent activities.  I usually start our Advent calendar activities on the first Sunday after our dance recital.  It's just too busy the week before dance recital to think about doing anything extra around here. So today after dinner I pulled out the first card and we got to have hot chocolate with all the fixings.  The kids took baths after dinner then we made our hot chocolate and settled down in the living room for a movie.  It was a great way to end the day and end the busy weekend we had.  


This is a little hot chocolate station I set up in the kitchen.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  


Isabella is scooping the hot chocolate into the mugs.


Ian got to add mini marshmallows to the mugs.


 I unwrapped candy canes for the kids to use as stirrers.  


Ian giving his hot chocolate a stir with his candy cane. 


Isabella stirring her hot chocolate before taking a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment