Thursday, February 3, 2011

Look at that face


This is the face of a little boy that I love more than words can express.  It is the sweetest, cutest, most precious face of any boy I have ever seen.  But don't let that face fool you. Oh no. Behind those sweet eyes and cute smile lies a wild boy (and when I say wild I mean acting in a uncontrolled and rampant manner). He can make a sword out of just about anything (right now its plastic curly straws) and insists on fighting you with it all day long, he torments the cat so much that when she sees him she runs for cover , he won't share his Thomas trains with anyone (I'm serious about this, you touch his trains and he has a nuclear meltdown), he has broken more glass and destroyed so many household items that I'm not surprised anymore when I hear a crash on the floor. He yells, screams and runs all around our house all day long.  For hours on end, just yelling and running.  Oh and growling. He loves to growl at everyone. He LOVES to fight with the vacuum when I am actually vacuuming the carpet.  Its kind of like his own version of a bullfight. He follows me around with his pirates hook and fights with it.  Entertaining for him but somewhat of a nuisance to me when I'm trying to be a good housewife and do my housework.  He can be exhausting. Sometimes I'm not sure if I can keep up with him or if it's even worth trying. Then I see that face. I see that smile. Oh how I melt. Then it all changes.  He becomes a loving and gentle little boy.  He runs up to me and hugs my leg to tell me he missed me and loves me even if I was only in the other room for 10 minutes.  He will rub my tummy when I have a stomachache.  He likes to snuggle on the chair with a blanket and watch movies with me. He will reach over and grab my hand at dinner and just smile at me.  Then I'm reminded of how sweet and kind he is.  I'm reminded of how precious these days are and even if he destroys our house and leaves me without any energy at the end of the day he is mine. God placed this beautiful child in my care and I have the honor and privilege of being his mommy.  What a blessing, what a joy. To be his mommy. So he may be wild and loud and seem uncivilized at times but he is mine. And I love that face.

No comments:

Post a Comment